P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation, and citizenship.
The insight, innovation, and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, which is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters
Roles and Responsibilities
An Automation Engineer is responsible for project management and owns the design of the mechanical, electrical, and controls functions by closely collaborating with Automation companies including Startups. Lead Affordable Automation Projects for various areas of the plant, Warehouse, and Distribution Centre. As Central Automation Leader, be part of the Affordable Manufacturing Automation (AMA) Pillar of Hyderabad Technology Center. Work Includes creation of Short term and long-term Automation Master plan, design technology glide path, Partner management, Standardize and simplify work processes in the labor-intensive area’s such as Packing of Products from the end of the line, loading and unloading of products into trucks, picking of cases from racks…etc. Build the capability of the team and Vendor pool management. The automation solution developed will be scalable to other regions
Requirements (skills/experiences) for the role:
- Hands on experience of developing Affordable automation by working with vendors in the areas of Robotics, pick & place, automation conveyors, AGV’s etc.
- Ability to craft and document solutions by partnering with OEM, solution providers
- Ability to communicate efficient with both technical (vendors) and non-technical teams (P&G partners)
- Preparing estimates and Leads funding process.
- Establish technical manuals, drawings, models, training documentation, preventative maintenance plans and fixing guides for newly established automated equipment and processes
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Ability to balance multiple results-oriented priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications, and time to market
- Quick decision maker,excellent negotiator, analytical and leadership skills for successful program and project management
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation/Automation, or related field from Tier-I College.
- Max 1-3 years’ experience in developing solutions and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Knowledge of Engineering practices & standard methodologies
- Instrumentation skills needed for Automation integration.
- Design and user documentation.
- Shown leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational completion and standard methodologies
Dedication from us:
You’ll be at the core of breakthrough innovations, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility, in creative workspaces where new ideas flourish. All the while, you’ll receive outstanding training to help you become a leader in your field. It is not just about what you’ll do, but how you’ll feel: encouraged, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and inspired.
What we offer:
- Continuous mentorship – you will collaborate with passionate peers and receive both formal trainings as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and supportive work environment – employees are at the center, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Just So You Know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India Job Type: Full-time job categories: Manufacturing