Company Profile: OLX Group
We’re a global product and tech group. +20 brands. 5,000 people. One mindset. We empower people to upgrade their lives. Our products and services make the exchange of goods and services easy and convenient for everyone. This benefits local communities and beyond, getting one step closer to a world without waste.
Every month, 350 million people use our leading marketplaces such as Avito, letgo, dubizzle, OLX and a dozen other local brands. We’re going for one billion.
Company Website: www.olxgroup.com
Job Position: Backend Software Engineer
Job Location: Gurgaon
Qualification : BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech
Salary: As Per Company Standards
Job Description For OLX Jobs 2020 :
- You will be writing high-quality code using object-oriented principles with 100% unit and integration tests.
- You will be Translating high-level business problems into scalable design and code. Creating libraries for larger consumption, define APIs and own end-to-end services.
- Mentoring junior engineers while optimizing application architectures for Docker/Kubernetes/AWS and using micro-services best practices (logging, metrics, database etc)
- You will ensure platform and application readiness in terms of capacity, performance, monitoring and stability.
- You will influence product requirements and operational plans. Instill best practices for development and champion their adoption, while working with the product managers to estimate and plan projects in the agile development framework.
Skills Required For OLX Jobs 2020 :
A strong technologist at OLX cares about code modularity, scalability and reusability as the problems we solve today become the foundation for and thrives ambiguous environment, rapidly changing environment, continuously adapting and bringing newer solutions. An ideal candidate should
- Have deep expertise in Object Oriented design principles using any modern language preferably Java.
- Have experience in building and maintaining large scale web applications in service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class level interfaces with experience in data model designing in SQL/NOSQLs.
- Have knowledge of at least one of the databases like MySQL, Postgresql or Oracle and one of the NOSQLs like DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Aerospike, etc.