NCBS Recruitment 2021 | Freshers | www.ncbs.res.in | Graduate Trainee | BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech/ M.Sc | Bangalore | Last Date: 15th July 2021
Company: National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
NCBS Recruitment 2021: We are a premier research institute with all the necessary facilities that a research scientist may need. Research interests of our faculty members lie in the frontier areas of biology, and the science at NCBS (a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research ) uses experimental and computational approaches in the study of molecules, cells and organisms. We aim to understand biology at each of these levels to advance an integrated view of life processes. The talent and drive of our students and faculty members continues to show us the way to good science.
NCBS’s main campus is in Gandhi Krishi Vigyan Kendra (GKVK) on Bellary Road, in the north of Bangalore. The campus has accommodation for students, visitors and faculty and facilities for child-care , sports and recreation. Another campus, close by and which continues to be developed, has additional student accommodation.
Company Website: www.ncbs.res.in
Positions: Graduate Trainee
Total Vacancies: 2 Posts
Salary (Fellowship): Rs. 25,000/- + 24% HRA
Job Location: Bangalore
Eligibility Criteria for NCBS Recruitment 2021:
- BE/BTech (Chemical, Mechanical, Material Science, Biomedical, and other relevant streams) Or ME/MTech (Chemical, Mechanical, Material Science, Biomedical, and other relevant streams) or MSc (Physics, Biology) with minimum 75% of marks.
- Proficient in image analysis, data analysis with MATLAB/ Python
- Prior research experience in soft matter/ biophysics.
- Prior experience in experimental research.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skill
This role is in the ESoftBio Lab. The goal of the lab is to discover new physical and biological principles emerging from the interactions between mammalian cells, bacteria, and their microenvironment. The selected candidate will closely work with the principal investigator and will take engineering approaches to design soft materials and complex multicellular systems and probe them at three-dimensional biological interfaces. Potential projects will include studying the collective behaviour of cells, 3D printing artificial tissues, and designing complex biomimetic microenvironments to question their effect on bacterial behaviour. The candidate will work individually and collaboratively with other lab members. Additionally, the candidate will participate in lab discussions and present data in meetings.
Candidates age must be maximum 30 years.
Selection Process for NCBS Recruitment 2021:
Candidates are selected based on their performance in the online interview.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in bacteria culture
- Experience in working with hydrogels, elastomers, emulsions, yield stress materials.
- Experience in microfluidics
- Experience in fluorescence microscopy
- Experience in micromanipulation
- Experience in bioprinting
- Experience in soft materials processing/characterization
How to Apply for NCBS Recruitment 2021?
Eligible candidates may send the C.V along with a statement of research interest with minimum 300 words along with samples of certificates on or before 15th July 2021 through e-mail. (email@example.com)
For More Info & Apply Link: Click Here