Company Profile: Moody’s Corporation
Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
Company Website: www.moodys.com
Job Position : Financial Analyst
Job Location: Gurgaon
Qualification : BBA/MBA/CA/CFA/FRM
Experience : 0 – 3 Years
Salary: As Per Company Norms
- Detailed capital structure analysis: Identify all levels of debt tranches, corporate and funding structure, and mapping guarantees and collateral.
- Waterfall analysis to determine the priority of debt structure and debt recovery scenarios at all debt levels.
- Calculation of adjusted debt and analysis of off-balance-sheet debt items.
- Evaluate bond indentures and loan agreements to assess the covenant protection, debtholder’s mutual rights and priorities, and any specific clauses/provisions which could impact the risk/return profile of the trade or investment.
- Track and report news, events, and macro market developments on coverage names, or as required.
- Understand and summarize the target company’s business model and strategy, industry scenario, and key risks to enable the development of broad understanding under tight deadlines.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations on companies describing business model, strategy, industry scenario, capital structure, covenants and key risks associated with the investments.
- Develop an insightful opinion on the company’s projected financial performance through building cash flow models.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s) with an emphasis in finance, economics, accounting, math, or related quantitative field preferred.
- CA, CFA, FRM, or equivalent highly desirable.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, flexibility during earnings season.
- Knowledge of full breadth of public data, research, and analytic resources; work experience with data platforms such as Bloomberg and Capital IQ will be an added advantage.
- Team players must show the willingness to work with cross-functional teams across many time zones.