Working at Moody’s
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
- Graduation or Post-Graduation in Finance / Economics (Eco Hons, MBA, M. Com, etc.) or equivalent qualification; Economics background preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is required.
- Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus.
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required.
- Language skills may be required for certain positions
- The FDA uses accounting and finance knowledge and judgment to perform financial statement analysis, adjust reported data per relevant methodology requirements and review and analyze ratios
- Perform analysis of various Macroeconomic indicators directly correlated with Sovereign ratings
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial statements, official statements and other documents related to issuers’ performance.
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research.
Line of Business ODC (ODC)
Job Category Credit Analysis & Research
Job Sub Category Economists