Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
|Company Name||Hitachi abb power grids India|
|Experience||4 Years Minimum|
|Job Role||Mechanical and Electrical Engineer|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact.
- Finalising layout of factory in case of new factory being set up.
- Suggesting changes in existing layout based on product flow, space availability, optimum space utilization.
- Working on and support manufacturing on request from manufacturing to provide new ideas for betterment of production capacity, quality enhancement with new products / machinery and design concepts.
- Suggesting new technology and implement for production.
- Preparing budget for new investments and for maintenance.
- Monitoring budget expenditure and booking of assets in Capex as per organization guidelines.
- Working out various loads on own or from various agency for different fields such as Civil , Mechanical and Electrical.
- Providing regular feedback and makes recommendations to management regarding issues within the production line, shifting priorities such as without productivity loss and possible critical situations.
- Recommending, foreseeing, implementing production layout, process from ergonomically and improve productivity.
- Procurement of best in class machinery for the production systems.
- Preventive, condition based and time-based maintenance of production equipment. Drawing Maintenance schedule, prepare and implement individual check point of machinery / installation, keep record of maintenance carried out.
- Maintaining history card of each equipment’s to reduce down time in future.
- Maintaining critical spares for all equipment’s and timely generate the requisition for required spares in ERP.
- Keeping equipment record in ERP system.
- Need to follow up & co-ordination with different suppliers and complete project work as per timeline.
- Arrange maintenance audits and carry out maintenance work in line with audit points.
- Attend Maintenance audit from Global audit team, make audit report, close audit points and reach to agreement.
- Train people for best use of machinery.
- Finding suitable suppliers, explore new suppliers, explore new solutions which could be first time of equipment used in our factory.
- Developing suitable suppliers for parts of imported items to match one to one replacement for spares / equipment.
- Proposing and managing the annual maintenance budget. Monitor the costs and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources and determines actions to cost issues as necessary.
- Avoid replacement and maintain assets as it was.
- Metrics Reinforces focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery.
- Provide better working environment for employee / workmen / management staff comfort and productivity.
- Open minded, ready to accept production work whenever situation arise.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Diploma / B.E in Mechanical- Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 5-7 years for Diploma and 4-5 years for B.E and relevant experience as a Industrial / Maintenance engineer in a large manufacturing industry.
- Experience in Transformer industry will be added advantage.
- Fosters a culture where safety is priority and procedures and policies are followed.
- Knowledge of Installation and commissioning of equipment’s.
- Communicating and cooperating with maintenance technicians, quality technicians and management to resolve problems of equipment or processes.
- Troubleshooting potential equipment failures and proactively taking measures to offset/prevent and inform internal partners.
- Coordinating logistics of resources and spare parts for all equipment’s.
- Preparation of Yearly capex budget and it’s monitoring. Optimized usage of Repair and Maintenance budget but still to maintain assets in best condition.
- Suggesting product and process improvements within the business to enhance operations and customer service.
- Expected to have knowledge of engineering company production requirements
- Knowledge on equipment such as Mechanical equipment e.g. winding machine / paper machine rollers , Oven , UPS, Electrical panels, lighting, AHU, RO Plant, Airconditioning, Crane and lean tools such as SMEP, VSM, TPM will have added advantage.
- Prefer knowledge of continuous improvement tools/methodologies (FMEA, lean manufacturing, 5S, MTM/TMC, DFM/DFA, Six-Sigma, 4Q, VSM, etc.).
- Quick learner with interest in and ability to master new technologies.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is required.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”