GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
The Lead Product Safety Engineer will be responsible for evaluating design-related failure modes and ensuring potential personnel and environmental hazards are mitigated to a safety level. This involvement is throughout the entire product life cycle, including conducting reviews as part of the design process and tracking the resolution of field issues.
Job Description :
- Drive resolution of safety-critical items by documenting investigation details and working with the management and turbine design teams to ensure completion of action items. Quantify risk by performing quantitative risk modeling on complex systems to assess design safety risk
- Lead the design team to identify and assess risk mitigation measures that assure a tolerable risk level is achieved
- Identify hazard mitigation of new/existing designs
- Perform risk assessments of safety-critical systems and components
- Ensure all aspects of product safety are addressed within the constraints of operational effectiveness, time, and cost throughout the product life cycle
- Assist root cause analysis for safety-related concerns by working with cross-functional teams representing Fleet Support Engineering, Design Engineering, Regional Fleet Reliability Operations, EHS, Legal, Supplier Quality, Sourcing, and Chief Engineers Office
- Provide thorough documentation of risk assessments (, assumptions, team meetings, and program status in the SAFER database
- Lead cross-functional Safety Program Management Teams across the business components to actively drive the execution of the GE Renewable Energy Product Safety process.
- Research safety-related information on equipment and processes
|Company Name||GE Renewable Energy|
|Job Role||Lead Engineer 2 – Product Safety|