We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
Role: TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER.CUSTOMER DELIVERY
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
AREA OF INTEREST Engineer – Network
JOB TYPE Professional
What you do
Cisco Managed Services group seeks a Customer Support Engineer with expertise in Routing & Switching, Service Provider Technologies. As a Customer Support Engineer in our special team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers’ toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience.
Who you’ll work with
Cisco is a team of special guides whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team.
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Our team has global presence located in 2 US centers, 3 centers in EMEA and 2 India centers.
Who you are :
Requires BE/BTech degree with 7+ years of related experience in the IT industry.
Customer Support/Managed Services Experience (5+ years).
Excellent TCP/ IP networking skills
In depth understanding & hands-on Cisco Nexus Switches
In depth understanding & knowledge of various switching protocols. E.g. STP,PVSTP,MSTP,LLDP etc.
In depth understanding & working knowledge on various Cisco IOS,IOS-XR & IOX-XE
Experience with MPLS technology including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering
Fixing various MPLS & its application related issues. e.g. VPLS/MPLS-TE etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, configure and fix large complex networks with mixed media and protocols.
- Effectively craft and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems, validate planned changes to software and hardware design.
Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve UC related issues
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with customer and other Cisco teams.
- Build relationship with customer to understand in a better way their networks to provide quicker and more effective results to their requests.
- Establish Technical Relationship to support customer network operations.
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer
- Customer-specific designated support at network level to resolve and debug complex networking problems
- Issue support for critical network outages and complex network issues.
- Dedicatedly monitor and review the progress of all customer cases and engage as necessary.
- Respond to network management system alarms according to established processes
- Typically requires BE/BTech degree with 5+ years of related experience.
- Run services background preferred.
- CCNP or CCIE R&S/SP desired.
- Python knowledge desired.
- Fluency in soundness disciplines (availability, security, etc.) and operational disciplines (systems management, change management, etc.).
- Proven track record in an industry or horizontal solution area.
- Ability to tackle problems with innovative ideas. Assume complete ownership with regards to the engagement with client and partners.