Chegg Hiring For Software Engineer I Position: Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Job Profile: Software Engineer I
Company Name: Chegg Inc.
Company Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
Exp Needed: 1.5+ Yrs
Engineering Team | New Delhi, India
Degree Needed: BE/BTech/MCA
About the Engineering Team:
Chegg’s engineering team is a group of passionate engineers who, in close collaboration with data scientists, product managers, designers, and other backend developers, build the future of the online education industry. We build our products to scale and to last, we don’t take shortcuts (hello unit-tests and documentation), and we take pride in delivering high-quality solutions on time.
We are looking for a Backend Developer responsible for translating the business requirements to actual code, API’s, microservices that will be critical for the content engineering platform. You will also design the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Architect and implement the most secure platforms that can solve the C100K challenges
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Demonstrable experience building robust infrastructure with our developers and data-driven business tools
- Keep technical debt low by reinforcing our Engineering culture of establishing sound practices for ensuring code reviews, high test coverage, and documentation
Skills and Qualifications
Good understanding of Object-Oriented / Functional programming languages, primarily Java
- The overall experience of 1.5+ years with UI technologies (preferably in an E-commerce/Eduech Product company)
- Good understanding of frameworks such as Springboot, Hibernate & building Microservices (REST or GraphQ
- Hands-on experience working with SQL / NoSQL
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git, Bitbucket, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement unit tests using JUnit.