|Company Name||Applied Materials|
|Job Role||Electrical Engineer|
- Ability to read, understand and design under supervision subsystem electrical interconnect including communication cables, DC and low-level AC power distribution
- Ability to define electrical interfaces interface for OEM process control devices, gas delivery, and vacuum functional sub-systems based on device datasheets and relevant standards
- Ability to understand the concepts of motion control, process control, basics of process physics, chemistry in application to on-wafer process control
- Ability to make basic application calculations for electrical circuitry, power consumption, voltage drops, wire gauge sizing, basic grounding topology
- Ability to design and release electrical interconnect for the sub-system or process chamber modules based on prior designs or look-alike designs
- Knowledge and experience in selecting the control components based on the system requirements and functional tests for temperature, pressure, gas flow, motion control
- Ability to apply systemic troubleshooting methodology by symptom analysis, design of experiment, application of proper measurement techniques with basic data correlation and root cause analysis
- Ability to drive OEM device requirements, vendor interaction, device performance verification, integration and release
- Ability to think at product level, design and release the complete electrical design for a platform or process chamber, including functional tests and verification test against the system requirements
- Ability to translate system performance requirements to controls and EE requirements for components, communication networks and controls architecture to provide solution that has enough headroom for evolutional improvement of the design over product modifications.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot complex and intermittent HW/SW issues with limited or inaccurate field information and/or data by applying fishbone analysis, issue source likelihood assessment, rapid experiment design and execution to dissect and identify the problem source.
- Ability to share knowledge, be a mentor and a leader for the electrical engineering team encouraging new approaches and continuous improvement
- Ability to think and operate at the global product level, ability to define controls architecture or EE topology, ability to define infrastructure roadmap for N+1 product generation.
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary troubleshooting team, provide executive and customer communication.
- Ability to assess, risk manage, and accurately plan large scale control system development programs that enable product differentiation vs. competition
- Ability to optimally balance of cost, performance, and reliability of control solution, electrical interconnects, and AC supply strategy
- Electrical Engineering fundamentals
- Control System Design Knowledge
- Knowledge of Actuators and Sensors
- Experience in Matlab and Simulink
- Knowledge of Model-based development
- Experience in working with various communication protocols
- Experience in PLC and other automation software